- Association Concerning Sexual Violence Against Women
- Changing Young Lives Foundation
- Children's Cancer Foundation
- CODA Hong Kong
- Home Care for Girls
- Hong Kong Association for Specific Learning Disabilities
- Integrated Brilliant Education Trust
- KELY Support Group
- Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centre
- Playright Children’s Play Association
- Po Leung Kuk - Social Services Department
- Rehabaid Society
- Remar Association (Hong Kong)
Supporting those with Spinal Muscular Atrophy
As a baby, Josy was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and given only two years to live. She was almost completely paralysed, so her mother Hung Mui had no choice but to try and find a hospice to help care for her daughter.
They found Families of SMA Charitable Trust who, against all odds, continued to provide Josy with support for the next 20 years. Today, Josy is studying at Hong Kong University, has successfully lobbied the government to import US-approved SMA medication and has dreams of one day becoming a writer.
Thanks to an OSC grant, Families of SMA Charitable Trust is able to provide therapy, medical equipment and trained domestic helpers for patients and their families. The OCS’s continued support is vital to the Trust’s work and its ability to provide life-changing services.