- Association Concerning Sexual Violence Against Women
- Changing Young Lives Foundation
- Children's Cancer Foundation
- CODA Hong Kong
- Home Care for Girls
- Hong Kong Association for Specific Learning Disabilities
- Integrated Brilliant Education Trust
- KELY Support Group
- Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centre
- Playright Children’s Play Association
- Po Leung Kuk - Social Services Department
- Rehabaid Society
- Remar Association (Hong Kong)
Caring for cancer patients
When he was 55, Tak-ming found out he had stage IV nasopharyngeal cancer. The diagnosis left him depressed and feeling extremely isolated; he also suffered from severe side-effects during treatment.
Luckily, fellow hospital patients introduced Tak-ming to Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centre. It was here that he learnt the importance of using dietary supplements and also joined group relaxation and meditation sessions. Tak-ming’s sister Rebecca said the positive changes in her brother were obvious, describing him as more ‘optimistic’ and ‘closer to his family’.
In 2017, an OSC grant allowed Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centre to provide emotional and psychosocial support for patients and their families on their journey to recovery. The Centre’s invaluable work continues to help people in need and provides much needed advice and guidance.