JOIN THE OPERATION SANTA CLAUS Five-A-Side Football Tournament
Notice to Participants
- Any corporation or organisation is eligible to participate in the Operation Santa Claus 5-A-Side Football Tournament (hereafter “this event”).
- Each participating team should consist of at least 5 and no more than 12 players.
- Space is limited. Enrolment is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The team entry fee is to be paid by 30 September, 2016 and the remaining donation by 31 December, 2016. Entry will only be confirmed after receipt of team entry fee.
- Invoice of donation will be issued and sent to the contact person of a team. Receipt will be issued for donations of over HK$100 and will be sent to organisation by email.
- Entry fee and donation are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- The organiser reserves the right to change the venue before or during this event without prior notice to the participants.
- By submitting his or her entry, each applicant agrees to observe and accept all terms and conditions of this event.
Event Day & Preparation:
- Players must wear suitable sportswear. Shin pads must be worn. No metal screw in studs can be worn, only moulded / rubber studs, trainers or astro turf boots.
- Each Team shall comprise of 5 players on the field at any one time.
- Anyone who is late by 2 mins to their allotted KO time will forfeit the match with a 3-0 loss recorded
- Participants in the event must ensure that they are medically and physically fit to participate in this event. Any person who is pregnant or suffering from any chronic disease such as heart disease or high blood pressure should not participate.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any participant who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the event.
- The Organiser will not provide storage for personal items and is not liable for any loss or damage to personal property. All belongings, including valuable items brought to the race site, are at the risk of their owners.
Bad weather arrangement:
In the event of one of the following circumstances happening before 5am on the event day, the event will be cancelled:
- A red or black rainstorm signal issued by the Hong Kong Observatory
- A tropical cyclone signal No.3 or above issued by the Hong Kong Observatory
Rules of Tournament
- Each Team shall comprise of 5 players on the field at any one time (one goal keeper and 4 outfield players), although the tournament squad can be up to 12 players. All players must be employed by or directly involved with the team they play for.
- Shin pads MUST be worn. If a player does not have shin pads, they will not be allowed on the field of play. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED BY THE REFEREES.
- The goalkeeping role is interchangeable with other team members but only once per match. The Goalie must wear a different colour jersey throughout the game. The goalkeeper is permitted outside of his area.
- The ball CAN go above head height.
- Throw-ins and corners must be kicked in along the ground. Goals scored directly from side line kick-ins are disallowed but goals scored directly from corners are allowed.
- Goalkeeper cannot pick up a back pass or indirect free kick will be awarded.
- No-one may handle the ball when in play except the goalkeeper and only when in his penalty area.
- Rolling substitutions may be made at any time without referees notice but must be done at the halfway mark.
- Timings for the matches are as follows:
- Group Games – 12 mins, one way
- Bowl competition placement games – 12 mins, one way
- Cup and Plate competition placement games – 12 mins, one way
- Cup, Plate and Bowl decider group games –12 mins, one way
- Group rankings (for initial group games and final CUP/PLATE/BOWL decider group games) will be decided by points:
- 3 for a win and 1 for a draw
- Goal difference
- Goals scored
- Result between the two teams
- Toss of a coin
- Teams finishing 5th (last placed) from group games will be eliminated from the tournament.
- Teams finishing 3rd and 4th from group games (6 teams in total) will enter the BOWL competition placement stage/games. Losers (3 losing teams) will be eliminated from the tournament and winners (3 winning teams) will be placed into the BOWL decider group games where the top ranked team wins the BOWL.
- Teams finishing 1st and 2nd from group games (6 teams in total) will enter the CUP and PLATE competition placement stage/games. Losers (3 losing teams) will be placed into the Plate decider group games where the top ranked team wins the PLATE. Winners (3 winning teams) will be placed into the CUP decider group games where the top ranked team wins the CUP.
- If the scores in the BOWL, PLATE and CUP competition placement games are equal after full time then a result will be determined by:
- The best of three penalties followed by sudden death penalties if both teams scores their first three penalties.
- RULE No. 10 above shall decide the ultimate winner in the final CUP/PLATE/BOWL decider group games.
- Goals may be scored from anywhere on the pitch.
- There is no offside.
- The referee’s decision is final.
- No metal screw in studs can be worn, only moulded / rubber studs, trainers or astro turf boots.
- Yellow cards will be issued by the referee’s for foul play or un-sporting behaviour. Two yellow cards make a red and the player will be suspended for the following match. A red card may be issued for serious foul play or un-sporting behaviour.
- Any player who receives a straight red can take no further part in the tournament.
- Teams must be ready to kick off no later than 2 minutes from the scheduled start time. If a full team is not present on the pitch the referee may start the game, in the absence of a full team a 3-0 victory will be awarded to the present team.
For enquiries, please call 2680 8159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation Santa Claus 2017